Charles Pugsley Fincher
- University of Texas undergraduate Degree,1968 — Bachelor
of Arts, Major in History with split Minor in Classical Civilization and Anthropology.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law graduate, J.D., 1971.
- Law School Activities: Distinguished Military Graduate, St. Mary’s R.O.T.C.; Phi Alpha Delta; Presenter at a Saturday seminar for San Antonio High School students at the law school; Presiding Judge of a mock military trial at the law school; Law School Intra-Mural football — Played in first and only game between St. Mary’s Law School and U.T.S.A. Medical School which was called before it ended because of brawls
- Title attorney with Gene Hurt, 1971.
- Nueces County Legal Aid Society 1972-73.
- Assistant Cameron County District Attorney, 1974-75;
- Weich, Fleming, Uribe & Fincher, 1976-77.
- (Owned award-winning graphic design studio during the 1980s)
- Roth, Uribe & Fincher, 1991-92
- Of counsel to and later partner in The Allison Law Firm since 1993 to present, the firm Fincher considers his permanent law home.
- Admitted to practice in all the Courts of Texas; Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Southern District; Admitted to practice before Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Co-Author of three Texas Bar accredited C.L.E. papers: The first a Premises Liability paper with Dana Allison for a State Bar Seminar; And two papers for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association: Lone Star Livestock Collisions with Michael M. Guerra and Texas Dog Bites also with Michael M. Guerra.
ARTIST AND WRITER
- Commissioned by an American Bar Association section to paint a fantasy illustration of constitutional scholar Dean Erwin Chemerinsky of U.C. Berkley School of Law in 2008.
- An exhibit in the government’s White Chapel Gallery in London, England, on Churchill’s bust included two of Fincher’s cartoons in 2012.
- Made an Honorary Member of the London-based Society of Mediators in 2014.
- Creator of LawComix, a cartoon site for lawyers; creator of the monthly lawyer strip Fenwilder & Jones which ran for five years in the ABA Journal; creator of Legal Isms a comic strip about lawyers for the LEXIS company.
- Creator, Author and Artist of cartoons, illustrations and op-ed columns published in multiple American newspapers including the Houston Chronicle, Austin American-Statesman, Boston Herald, Arizona Star, Idaho Statesman and Des Moines Register.
- Also Creator, Author and Artist of illustrations and cartoons that appeared in the Saturday Evening Post, the National Law Journal, American Lawyer and the ABA Journal with work featured in over 100 legal publications and textbooks in the USA, England, Canada and Australia and in presentations by lawyers ranging from Hong Kong to Australia to New Zealand, to Los Angeles to New York City, to London to Tel Aviv.
- Creator, author and artist of the newspaper political cartoon strip Thadeus & Weez which ran in Texas in the opinion sections of newspapers for 20 years, including the Houston Chronicle, Austin Statesman, Dallas Times Herald and many others.
- Author and Artist of newspaper op-ed pieces and illustrations in the Houston Chronicle, Des Moines Register and Austin American-Statesman, Arizona Daily, Star, Boston Herald ; work reprinted in over 100 legal journals and about 20 college textbooks.
- Owner and Creative Director of LawPhrases.com an online store for lawyers with law sayings on shirts and other items.
- Jogging — 4 miles a day with law and life partner Dana Allison.
- Daily circuit training with weights.
- Animal rescue — Fincher has three rescue dogs at his house and numerous rescue cats; He also works with Dana Allison in the care of rescue dogs and cats at her horse farm.
- Painting with acrylics; working in Adobe Illustrator and in the open source graphics program GIMP.
- Commissioned Second Lieutenant in U.S. Army Reserves 1971.
- Honorable discharge in 1978 at the rank of Captain.
“Sand Man (Charles Fincher)
is one clever creative dude”
Mark McKinnon, McKinnon is creator, cohost, and executive producer of “The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth” at Showtime Networks. He has been chief media advisor to five successful presidential primary and general election campaigns, McKinnon’s nickname “Sand Man” for Fincher comes from Fincher’s living forever on South Padre Island.
Jack McGehee. McGehee is a trial lawyer and founding partner of McGehee ☆ Chang, Landgraf. He has been named Texas Super Lawyer for his skills as a trial lawyer. McGehee has been interviewed by Diane Sawyer on ABC News, Prime Time Live and Barbara Walters on ABC’s 20/20.
“A superb legal mind.”
Michael M. Guerra, Guerra is founder of the Law Offices of Michael M. Guerra. He has been named Texas Monthly – Texas Super Lawyer in multiple years, and he was named to The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial lawyers. Guerra was selected as the 2018 Ronald D. Secrest Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award recipient.